Pulse-MD Urgent Care is now offering Virtual Visits!
Available 9AM – 7PM every day | Schedule a Virtual Visit »
- Viral testing is performed Monday through Friday, outside select offices. PCR swabbing is available M-F 9am-5pm. Rapid 15 minute testing is available M-F 9am-3pm.
- Antibody tests are offered during regular operating hours.
- Please confirm location and hours during your virtual visit.
- Please note that our hours are subject to change without notice and we recommend calling ahead of your visit.
- Due to high demand for COVID-19 Testing, wait times may be longer than usual.
- Virtual Visits allow us to screen patients for coronavirus symptoms and minimize the risk of germ transmission at our clinics. For the safety of others, please utilize our Virtual Visit service for screening before entering the building for non-COVID19 visits.
Get the medical treatment you need without leaving the house.
With Virtual Visits, you can see and speak to a provider right from your phone, tablet, or desktop computer. Once you book your visit online, a Pulse-MD team member will call you to go over the process, and you’ll be face-to-face with a skilled medical provider in no time.
Our providers can remotely treat most common complaints, including rashes, UTIs, cold and flu, pink eye, sinus infections, and more.
Concerned about COVID-19? A Virtual Visit is the first step.
If you are experiencing upper respiratory symptoms consistent with those of COVID-19 (cough, fever, body aches, fatigue, recent loss of taste), or believe you were previously infected by the virus, schedule a virtual visit with a Pulse-MD provider today. During your evaluation, we can determine the appropriate next steps and get you scheduled for either a Viral or Antibody test. Learn more about our COVID Services »
We currently accept insurance for Virtual Visits/Telehealth. There is no out-of-pocket expense for COVID19 diagnosis or testing. There may be co-pays for regular virtual visit as per your insurance plan. **Please inquire with your insurance company.
Conditions we treat via Telemedicine include:
- Skin Conditions
- Eczema (mild-visible)
- Itchy skin
- Poison Ivy
- and more
- Respiratory Problems
- Cold & Flu
- Sinus Infections
- Sore Throat
- and more
- General Health
- Common Allergies
- Insect Bites
- Nausea & Vomiting
- Pink Eye
- Urinary problems
- Muscle Pain
- and more
Virtual Visit FAQ
How much is a Virtual Visit?
$50 PER VISIT. You will be asked to enter your credit card information before moving into the virtual waiting room. Insurance is also accepted. Please call your insurance carrier for any out-of-pocket expenses.
If the physician recommends I see a specialist or primary care physician, do I still pay for the visit?
Yes. Similar to an in-person visit, if referred to another provider, the $50 will still apply. Insurance is also accepted.
Can I use my insurance to cover a Telemedicine appointment?
Many insurances are offering coverage for virtual visits during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please call your insurance carrier for any out of pocket expenses.
Who is eligible for a Virtual Visit?
Virtual Visits are available to all New York residents aged 18 and above.
Can I use telemedicine for an emergency?
No, for emergencies, please dial 911.
Can I get a prescription?
Yes, a prescription may be provided if the provider decides it is needed. Like an in-person visit, the prescription will be sent the same day to the pharmacy. Controlled substances are not prescribed.
Still have questions? Call us today at 845-204-9260.